Car Accident Claims – What You Need to Know
We know that even seemingly minor crashes can be very stressful to those involved. Often people are in shock and may not realise the impact of an injury. It’s important to try and remain calm and get as many details as possible, if you are able to. A car accident may result in medical bills, loss of work through injury or longer term effects. If you are involved in an accident you need to know what to do, both at the time and afterwards:
- Always take the details of the driver, their car and insurance. If they are not the owner of the car, ask for the owner’s details.
- Don’t accept responsibility for the accident. You may not be aware of whether the other driver was driving carelessly, or if they were under the influence of drugs or alcohol, for example. There may also be impartial witnesses who have seen the accident and who may have valuable information.
- Do not agree any settlement with another driver. It is best to leave any agreements to your solicitor.
- If you can, get the details of any witnesses.
- Do not leave the scene or move your car until advised by Gardaí.
- Contact the Gardaí if you’ve been involved in a car accident.
- If you are advised by the emergency services to attend for medical treatment, heed their advice. It’s always advisable to see a doctor, to be on the safe side.
- If you think that you may have suffered injury in a car accident and you are not at fault, contact your solicitor.
What We Offer
If you’ve been involved in a car accident and suffered as a result, you may have a case to make a personal injury* claim. At Pilar.ie, our experts will advise you on whether we think you have grounds to make a claim. We will give you honest and expert opinion about all aspects of your case, using clear and jargon free language.
- We will work directly on your behalf, negotiating the legal system for you.
- We can provide expert witnesses with extensive experience of personal injury* cases
- We work with the best medical professionals in relation to medical reports
- We work with the most experienced network of barristers available
- We are a nationwide network and work with clients throughout Ireland
You can call us on 01 2943846 to discuss your case in confidence.
You can tell us about your case by filling in our easy to use form on our homepage